Monday, July 19, 2010

Mix Monday 45



It has been a while since we posted a Mix Monday and for that I am sorry. There is no genuine excuse for this laziness. However to make up for this void I have found a rather special little mix put together by Chicago boy James Curd. This is a guy that has been making music for years and is a truly passionate musician. His own production ranges from house to disco and even the occasional techno based track. He is an artist that hasn't exploded into the mainstream but it is very talented and I my opinion deserves more credit than he is paid.

This particular mix was put together about a month ago and includes a variety of quite contemporary dance tracks. Like his production the mix varies in musical styles but when I listened to the overall product everything fits together almost too well. There are some favourites in there to keep everyone happy, most notably "We No Speak Americano" as well as tracks from Fake Blood, Boy 8-Bit and Breakbot. This is then balanced with some more alternate and less known tracks. One to take note of is the James Curd remix of "It's Not My Fault" which was a track recorded by Lenny Kravitz and Mos Def for the Gulf Aid cause. It's a tune and a half and just takes the original to the next level.


James Curd - Blue Sky Mixtape

Tracklist

1. Electric Light Orchestra - Mr Blue Sky
2. New Mjondalen Disco Swingers - Eurodans
3. Boy 8-Bit - Baltic Pine
4. Yolanda Be Cool & Dcup - We No Speak Americano
5. Johnny Dynell - Jam Hot (Tensnake Remix)
6. Fake Blood - I Think I Like It
7. Fake Blood - I Think I Like It (Tommie Sunshine & Figure Ecstacy Edit)
8. Belle Epoque - Miss Broadway (Kane Ian Edit)
9. Riva Star - I Was Drunk (Chris James Remix)
10. Juliet Sikora and Tube Berger - La Boca Loca
11. Go Go Bizkitt! - Stutterfunk
12. Round Table Knights & Bauchamp - Calypso
13. Marko Militano - What You Say
14. Lil Mark - Daddy J
15. James Curd - Only The Strong
16. Mos Def & Lenny Kravitz - It Ain't My Fault (James Curd Remix)
17. Inland Knights Feat J.A.M.O.N - Bite Back
18. Seaside Project - Funky Man (Seaside Remix)
19. Breakbot - Baby I'm Yours

No comments: