Monday, December 27, 2010
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Finally the 2010 Top 100 Djs has been published. It definitely went pear-shaped compared to how I voted.
1.Armin Van Buuren
5.Above & Beyond
6.Paul Van Dyk
Stayingsicks Top 10..... Based on an already whacked Top 100
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Friday, September 24, 2010
Monday, September 13, 2010
Monday, September 6, 2010
Ok, so I know we've been a bit lazy in terms of posts over here but trust us we have been working hard. With a bit of production underway and a whole lot of DJing going on there's some stuff in the pipeline that is hopefully worth waiting for.
In the mean time this is a live Techno set mixed by NAD & Arta at The Temple. Packed with a bunch of new tunes aswell as some older jems. This mix focuses on simple, long mixes and takes you on a 45 min ride rather than some megamix rollercoaster.
We would love some feedback...
August Techno Mix - Mixed Live by Arta & NAD
1. You Know It - Jesse Rose
2. Be Strong - The 2 Bears
3. Who Is He (Henrik Shwarz Remix - Alice Kuntz Edit) - Bill Withers
4. Papi (Dilby Remix) - Stephanie Noferini
5. Old Sunshine - Tim Green
6. XTC (Riva Starr Remix) - Butch
7. Those Dancing Days - Monkey Safari
8. Flexican Beat (Rubix Remix) - Flinke Namen
9. Gimme (In Flagranti Remix) - Headman
10. Milk (Mercury Remix) - Munk
11. Evil Nine - Utlimo
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Thursday, August 5, 2010
I just watched this video about a DJ school in Europe somewhere. Half way through I was about to exit when David Guetta's face pops up, so I continued to watch and turns out he gets into a taxi to the airport and flys to Russia to play a gig(on a Chartered plane). The cool thing is that along the way he produces a track that he plays at the gig he is playing at that night.
Start it at 5.00 minutes to skip the rubbish.
Start it at 5.00 minutes to skip the rubbish.
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
I thought it would never come........
Aeroplane July Mix
Aeroplanes remix of Chromeo is big and is out 15th August, very very soon. Maybe sooner on Stayingsick
1. Sweet G - Games People Play ( Instrumental )
2. Sarah Dash - Low Down Dirty Rhythm
3.Koto - Chinese Revenge ( Maxi Version )
4.Everything Everything - My Kz, Ur Bf ( Grum Remix )
5.Sheharzad - Yalla Yalla ( Kid Who Remix )
6.Chromeo - Don't Turn the Lights On ( Aeroplane Remix )
7.Omar - Feeling You ( Henrik Schwarz Remix )
8.The Chemical Brothers - Swoon ( Lindstrom & Prins Thomas Remix )
9.Goldfrapp - Believer ( Joris Voorn Remix )
10. Yoko Ono - Every Man Has a Woman Who Loves Him
Aeroplane July Mix
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
This video was made by Greg Solenström. It takes a fresh approach by using still images and written text to narate the song. It's simple but surprisingly effective. No chains, rims, blunts or Crystal here kids.
Not enough, infact barely any artists in hip hop write dope lyrics. It's sad but true. Jay-Z, he's different. This video highlights this. Not enough people even pay attention to lyricism anymore rather cheap hooks (normally in autotune). Listen to what Jigga says and how he flows so smoothly.
The song is actually from a sneaky lil mixtape called Brooklyn Soul. It was produced by Shuko & The Gunna back in '08 and is a collection of Jay-Z rhymes of Marvin Gaye beats. It's good, I recommend getting the whole thing.
Hello Brooklyn - Jay-Z
Cloned In Vatican, Gregorio Assandri, born in 1981,Italian dj and producer from 1999, on the nu disco scene since 2004, Boss of Disco Volante Recordings. Cloned In Vatican has had numerous tracks in Aeroplane charts.
Below is a mixtape he did with pure classics, this mix is a collection of funky slowmotion edits.
1.The Beatles-Come Togheter (Rambolage Edit)
2.The Jb Feat. James Brown- Hot Pants Road (Hansi Slum Dunk The Funk Edit)
3.The Incredible Bongo Band-Last Bongo in Belgium (Suonho Refunk)
4.Cloned In Vatican- Il Treno Dei Dannati (EXCL) [Mad on the Moon]
5.Phoenix-Liztomania (Holy Ghost's paris remixomania)[Kitsuné]
6.Christal- Fire Lady [CGD] (1987)
7.Jaques Renault- Norman's Fire[Hole in the sky]
8.La Bionda- I Got Your number(Berlinmachine edit)
9.Headman-Random Disco [Relish]
10.D- Pulse- More (Foto remix)[Tirk]
11.Damir K Rogina- Still Have Fun (at the club feat.Jacques)(EXCL.) [Disco Volante Recordings]
12.Fatback 4 wa Feat.Don Dolla-Generate Some Action[Mullet]
13.Relativedepth Vs Midnight Express-Cafè Des Aristes (EXCL) (Sare Havlicek Chicago Mix)[Disco Volante Recordings]
14.Diana Ross-No one gets the prize (Diana gets re-edit)
Disco Safari presents:Cloned In Vatican 24.06.10 -105 Classics.mp3
Monday, July 19, 2010
The name 'Bag Raiders' is a household name these days amongst us all. The slow rise to the top was bought on by various singles including Fun Punch and Turbo Love. Along with various remixes and bootlegs and Blog famous discobelle mixes. With all these projects under their belt the final Shooting Stars launched them onto a global platform.
Today the boys have announced their self titled Debut Album out October 1st.
1. Castles In The Air
3. Shooting Stars
4. So Demanding
5. Gone Away
7. Not Over
8. Snake Charmer
10. Golden Wings
11. Way Back Home
To keep us from going insane, they have a lead single 'Way Back Home'which should begin radio play from early August. Some of you may of heard a Harvard Bass remix of it, which Surkin has been playing, but thats not confirmed.
It has been a while since we posted a Mix Monday and for that I am sorry. There is no genuine excuse for this laziness. However to make up for this void I have found a rather special little mix put together by Chicago boy James Curd. This is a guy that has been making music for years and is a truly passionate musician. His own production ranges from house to disco and even the occasional techno based track. He is an artist that hasn't exploded into the mainstream but it is very talented and I my opinion deserves more credit than he is paid.
This particular mix was put together about a month ago and includes a variety of quite contemporary dance tracks. Like his production the mix varies in musical styles but when I listened to the overall product everything fits together almost too well. There are some favourites in there to keep everyone happy, most notably "We No Speak Americano" as well as tracks from Fake Blood, Boy 8-Bit and Breakbot. This is then balanced with some more alternate and less known tracks. One to take note of is the James Curd remix of "It's Not My Fault" which was a track recorded by Lenny Kravitz and Mos Def for the Gulf Aid cause. It's a tune and a half and just takes the original to the next level.
James Curd - Blue Sky Mixtape
1. Electric Light Orchestra - Mr Blue Sky
2. New Mjondalen Disco Swingers - Eurodans
3. Boy 8-Bit - Baltic Pine
4. Yolanda Be Cool & Dcup - We No Speak Americano
5. Johnny Dynell - Jam Hot (Tensnake Remix)
6. Fake Blood - I Think I Like It
7. Fake Blood - I Think I Like It (Tommie Sunshine & Figure Ecstacy Edit)
8. Belle Epoque - Miss Broadway (Kane Ian Edit)
9. Riva Star - I Was Drunk (Chris James Remix)
10. Juliet Sikora and Tube Berger - La Boca Loca
11. Go Go Bizkitt! - Stutterfunk
12. Round Table Knights & Bauchamp - Calypso
13. Marko Militano - What You Say
14. Lil Mark - Daddy J
15. James Curd - Only The Strong
16. Mos Def & Lenny Kravitz - It Ain't My Fault (James Curd Remix)
17. Inland Knights Feat J.A.M.O.N - Bite Back
18. Seaside Project - Funky Man (Seaside Remix)
19. Breakbot - Baby I'm Yours
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Friday, July 16, 2010
"Aeroplane pilot becomes Magician", juno says. After last months split, just a month before their debut album, Stephen Fasano(pictured above left)will continue producing under the Magician moniker. The Belgian is a known admirer and collector of disco, this mix is the first piece of material from his solo act. No original material has been spotted yet.
Enjoy the mix below
Magican-Magic Tape 1
September 6th, keep an eye out!
01. Mountains of Moscow
02. We Can`t Fly
04. London Bridge
05. I Don’t Feel
06. Without Lies
07. The Point Of No Return
08. Good Riddance
09. Caramellas (Album Version)
10. Fish In The Sky
11. My Enemy
12. We Fall Over
Thursday, July 1, 2010
He has been in fine form this year. Sébastien Léger owns and manages his own record label, Mistakes Music. His origin is classical, however with his latest work, he has stretched the boundaries once again. His latest installment on the label are originals, which are strictly for the dancefloor. Silicone Carne and Superdrums are the track names, both with a techno grounding. They are readily available on google.
Today you have the opportunity to hear his latest remix for German legends Format B. Léger was a guest on Pete Tongs Essential selection last week for 15 minutes of fame. Pete gave Léger the opportunity to:
Play one his made:
Sébastien Léger – Silicone Carne [Mistakes Music]
Play one his remixed
Format B - Dog Tag (Sebastien Leger Remix).mp3 [Formatik]
Play one his loving(MJ tribute)
Michael Jackson – Off The Wall [RCA]
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
The Fuzzy Team always go beyond, and the Lineup conveys why.....
Awesome acts this year.
Parklife 2010 Dates
Gold Coast – Saturday 25 September
Perth – Sunday 26 September
Melbourne – Saturday 2 October
Sydney – Sunday 3 October
Adelaide – Monday 4 October
Parklife 2010 Lineup
So far has this ticked all your boxes.........
but theres more..........
New Young Pony Club
Ou Est Le Swimming Pool
The Dandy Warhols
The Glitch Mob
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Monday, May 17, 2010
Last week we gave you a small mix by one of our favourite DJ/producers, Boy 8 Bit. Over the weekend this Brit was granted the privledge and honour of the notorious Essential Mix. We've posted many Essential Mixes before and incase you hadn't gathered yet if you get to mix the Essential Mix you've made. That's why we were so giddy to see our boy Boy 8 Bit given the task.
The mix has been carefully put together and includes a range of tracks, new and old, common and rare and as always it includes plently of Boy 8 Bit's own material whether it be originals or remixes. There's also a few unreleased Boy 8 Bit tracks and a bunch of sneaky white labels in there. The music styles include some bouncy tech stuff, baltimore, electro house and the darker driving sounds the man is known for.
Boy 8 Bit - Essential Mix 15-05-2010
01. Boy 8-Bit — The Blood Tide [White]
02. Aleem — Get Loose Dub [NIA]
03. Eli Escobar — Glass House [Plant Music]
04. Patrick Turner — Planets Align [Inversus Records]
05. DJ Sprinkles — Grandcentral Pt 1 (MCDE Remix Dub) [Endless Flight]
06. Ali Love — Love Harder (Jokers of The scene Unreleased Remix) [White]
07. Gui Boratto — The Glam [Kompakt]
08. Kolombo — Acai [Boxer Recordings]
09. Liz Cirelli — Ultraviolet [LouLou]
10. Kaiser Souzai — Altocumulus Floccus (Piemont Remix) [Yellow Tail]
11. Visti & Meyland — All Night Long (Trentemoller Remix) [Eskimo]
12. Justin Martin — Get Low [Dirty Bird]
13. Diamond K — Damn Track [White]
14. Boy 8-Bit — Tropical Heat [White]
15. Mele — Bombay (Nadastrom Remix) [Mixpak]
16. DJ Will Roc — Twilight Zone [Unruly]
17. Zombie Disco Squad — The Duke Sound [Made To Play]
18. Footsteps — Worker [White]
19. Detroit Grand Pubahs — Sandwedges (Unknown Mix) [White]
20. Ron Hardy — Sensation (Obi Blanche Remix) [White]
21. Carte Blanche — Black Billionaires [Ed Banger]
22. Alan Fitzpatrick — Green Light [Tokio]
23. Boy 8-Bit — Yard Birds [Turbo]
24. Boy 8-Bit — The Keep [This is Music]
25. Boy 8-Bit — Baltic Pine (Roy Apron Dub) [White]
26. Ink & Needle — Thirteen [Tattoo]
27. Bookashade Vs Mandy — Donut (Boy 8-Bit Remix) [Living the Dream]
28. Boy 8-Bit — An Impending Sense Of Doom [White]
29. MMM — Nous Sommes [MMM]
30. Pig & Dan — Terminate [Cocoon]
31. Leftfield — Phat Planet (Dave Clarke Remix) [Hard Hands]
32. Thomas Schumacher — Red Purple [Spiel-zeug Schallplatten]
33. Joe and Will Ask? — The Rusty Pig [Gulp]
34. Florence and The Machine — Drumming Song (Boy 8-Bit remix) [White]
35. Yousef — Come Home [Cocoon]
36. Josh One - Contemplation (King Britt Remix — Mat Playford Edit) [Social Problem]
37. Rodriguez Jr. — Pandora [Leena Music]
Saturday, May 15, 2010
So Steve cancelled Creamfields, but for good reason. On May 10th 2010 Steve and his wife Isabel had a baby girl. Having their daughter on Monday and subsequently they named their newborn Monday-Lily.
Its good to see Steve holding his precious newborn so peacefully, it sort of looks like he just had the baby....
Stayingsick would like to congratulate Steve and his wife Isabel.
Below is Steve's wife Isabel's blog where you can see some more pictures.
A few for the weekend....
This is very similar to Duck Sauce's new track that got posted here earlier. It samples Boney M and from my understanding it is or was considered as an unofficial remix for DuckSauce s Barbra Streissand
Ziggy Stardust-Breaking Bones.mp3
Everyone is getting their remixes ready for the 'Speak No Americano' remix competition. Everyday I hear it on the radio which is saying to me the song is about to be ruined. But this competition will bring out some new and creative mixes. Heres a mix to compare yours too, or simply to hear a different take on the original.
Yolanda Be Cool & DCUP-Speak No Americano (Olsen vs LC's back to the future remix).mp3
Finally a chuckie remix of Moby. Alot of Moby mixes have come out, but for me this one is a beast.
Moby - Jltf (Chuckie Remix).mp3
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
After his recent EP 'The Keep', Boy 8 Bit put this mix out a couple months ago. There are some familiar tracks here but also some little edits and remixs aswell. His tour with Fake blood in the U.S leaves a trail of Boy 8 Bit remixes and tracks unheard of...
This is the sound Boy 8 Bit.
Boy 8 bit April Mix 2010
Les Gillettes - Pompeii (Boy 8-Bit Remix)
Boy 8-Bit - The Cricket Scores (Memory Tapes Remix)
Boy 8-Bit - Bulbs Burn out (Obi Blanche Remix)
Mandy Vs Bookashade - Donut (Boy 8-Bit REmix)
Boy 8-Bit - Baltic Pine (Run Hide Survive Remix)
Boy 8-Bit - The Keep
Boy 8-Bit - We Move By Night to Avoid Detection
The XX - Crystalised (Boy 8-Bit Essential Mix ReEdit)
Boy 8-Bit -Restricted 18 Part 1
Boy 8-Bit - The Cricket Scores (Boy 8-Bits "Its not Cricket" Remix)
Boy 8-Bit - Wolfen (Jokers of the Scene Remix)
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
I love Pharrell. Always have, I think he is one of the most talented producers alive. Uffie on the other hand, I have never been that fond of. When I heard their recent collaboration titled 'Add Suv' I must admit I was pretty disappointed. It was jerky and didn't really flow like the majority of Uffie's work. However, then I stumbled across the Armand Van Helden remixes, and now were cooking. He gives it a great disco slice, not dissimilar to his Duck Sauce work. It's big, fun and very bouncy which makes it a great dancefloor tune. There's a vocal and club mix. This is the club mix AKA less Uffie equals bigger banger!
Add SUV (Armand Van Helden Club Mix) - Uffie & Pharrell Williams
Monday, May 10, 2010
Today's Mix Monday comes from a fresh European producer called Rubix. Stepping on to the scene properly last year, over the past 6 months this single man army has moved onto the radar of top producers and DJs around the world like AIDs through Africa. With a mixture of styles this Amsterdam based talented individual has released originals and remixes and even remixes of his originals spanning across disco, house, dubstep and tech. He's now playing around Europe on a regular basis and recently featured on Laidback Luke's FG Radio Show. Not bad for a guy no one knew of this time last year.
This particular mixtape covers a range of genres similar to the production he has to date, which is quite broad. I starts of with a few old tracks, disco-based and then moves onto some more recent bassier disco house. It then tacks a turn towards the tech side of things and finshes off with some pleasent (and not too hard) dubstep tunes. Well put together, you can hear the time and effort put into this mix.
Rubix - Vruchtvlees Couture Mixtape No. 7 by IamRubix
1. Pino D'Angiò - Ma Quale Idea
2. Kavinksy - Nightcall (Breakbot Remix)
3. Qdup foundation - renegades revenge
3. Crydajam - Playground
4. Gramophonedzie - Streetlady
5. Louis La Roche - Get On Down
6. 6th Borough Project - Planets (The Revenge Lost Groove - Roboot & Dorian Paic Re-Edit)
7. Locksmith - unlock the funk
8. Duck Sauce - The Motion
9. Rubix - Baiser Sur La Disco (Rubix Refix)
10. Don Diablo - Who's Your Daddy (Rubix Remix)
11. Arabesque - In the Heat Of A Disco Night (Rubix I like it like Fakeblood edit)
12. C-code - Burning up in here (Rubix Remix)
13. Yolanda be cool & Dcup - We No Speak Americano (Rubix Beat Fix)
14. Riva Starr - Dance Me
15. Homework - Fissa Tune
16. Lorkan Mak - Gypsy Bum (Rubix Refix)
17. Bart B More - Romane (Rubix Remix)
18. Crookers - Gypsy P
19. L-Vis 1990 - United Groove (MJ Cole Remix)
20. Congorock - Babylon
21. All Leather - I Don't Hate Fags, God Does (His Majesty Andre Screams Louder Now Remix)
22. Gary's Gang - Do It At The Disco (Rubix from Disco To Dubstep edit)
23. Datsik- Havoc
24. Deadmau5 & Kaskade - I Remember (Caspa Remix)
25. O.J. Symstem - I've Been Near You (Rubix Beat Fix)
26. La Roux - In For The Kill (Skream's Let's Get Ravey Mix)
Monday, May 3, 2010
On the weekend I attended the Creamfields festival in Sydney. With the international branding behind this party relatively high expectations were placed upon this festival for its debut on Australian soil. With a pretty diverse and pretty boring all round line up an usual crowd attended. Not your average music lovers. The set up was all wrong with a shit small room where MSTRKRFT closed in what may as well have been a bath tub it was that hot and sweaty. The Bloody Beetroots, the headline act, had 'technical difficults' and ended up playing ONE song after an hour wait. I actually ended up having a pretty good day hiding over near the suprisingly small and overlooked Planet Hardware stage where I caught a variety of nice techno and house. Riva Starr was by far the highlight for me with an 90 set of pretty much all his own work put together flawlessly and with class. Unfortunately though, overall, this festival was a complete failure in my opinion as clearly rushed, unorganised and unprofessionally run event that could have worked.
Enough with my bitching. On to some GOOD music which is why we're all here. By now a lot of people have heard of the latest and greatest super-collab between Riton and Mehdi (not necassarily in that order), called Carte Blanche. The two came together to make and play good old disco house music. The way it should be. By not overworking stuff and keeping it simple but effective you have something which is pleasingly fun. Get down.
The two are embarking on their world tour as we speak so check out Riton or Dj Mehdi's myspace to see if they're gonna be in your neck of the woods.
Carte Blanche - House Party Mix
INTRO: HOUSE PARTY
1. CARTE BLANCHE ‘Do! Do! Do!’
2. PAPERCLIP PEOPLE ‘Throw’
3. FARLEY JACKMASTER FUNK ‘Love Can’t Turn Around’ (Accapella)
4. INNER CITY ‘xxxxxx’
5. DAFT PUNK ‘Face To Face’ (Accapella)
6. LNR ‘You Can’t Stop The House’
7. HOT CITY ‘Hot City Bass’
8. BLAZE ‘Whatcha Gonna Do’
9. PUZIQUE ‘Don’t Go’
10. TODD TERRY ‘A Day In The Life’ (RITON “Feel It” Edit)
11. DEETRON ‘Life Soundtrack’
12. MIKE DUNN ‘Deep Down (The Underground)’
13. ARMANDO ‘Turn My Shit Up’
14. HARDTON ‘Earthquake’
15. THE PERSUADER ‘Bottle Up’
16. DIRT CREW ‘Psycho’
17. MOKO ‘Acid On The Air’
18. JAN DRIVER ‘Tellyfoam’
19. MATTHEW DEAR ‘Dog Days’
20. ARMAND VAN HELDEN ‘Can U Feel It’
21. JOSH WINK ‘How’s The Music’
22. UNDERGROUND RESISTANCE ‘Timeline’
23. KIKOMOTO ALLSTARS ‘I’ll Make You Jack’
24. LAND SHARK ‘Tie Me Up’ (Chicken Lips Trax Dub)
25. DAN BLACK ‘Symphony’ (Hot City’ Remix)
26. CARTE BLANCHE ‘In The Mix’
27. CARTE BLANCHE ‘Gare Du Nord’
28. HIGH POWERED BOYS ‘Get Down’
29. PAUL JOHNSON ‘Get Get Down’ (RITON Edit)
30. ROYAL HOUSE ‘Yeah Buddy’
31. DJ JUKE ‘Blow Your Whistle’ (NY House Mix)
32. HARD DRIVE ‘Deep Inside’
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Future Classic are a Sydney based group that have been catering for more musically educated audience in the disco scene. They're the guys that brought you Aeroplane, Classixx, Todd Terje, Joakim, Canyons and plenty more. They run a weekly party on Sunday afternoons down at the Tilbury in Woolloomooloo.
Starting this Saturday (1st May) they're launching a new party called 'Adult Disco'. This is going to be a weekly gig held at the Civic Underground. It's gonna be good! For all you kids out there that live on Aeroplane monthly mixs, wake up and check 'Too Many Sebastians' and wish you were Breakbot then this is the party for you. Too many places these days don't focus on the music which should be the base of any good club night. Here's a mix that Nathan McLay laid down and will give you a good idea of what to expect. So come on down this Saturday and see what all the fuss it about....
And if you head over here you can sign up to their mailing list which will not only keep you informed but means you get in fo FREE this Saturday!
Adult Disco Mix #1 - Future Classic DJs - Coming May 1 to the Civic by future classic
1. Nicolas Jaar - Time For Us
2. Escape From New York - Save Our Love
3. Azari & III - Hungry For The Power
4. Joakim - Spiders (Extended Dance Mix)
5. Florence and the Machine - Rabbit Heart (Leo Zero Remix)
6. Lauer - Delta Energy
7. Azari & III - Reckless (With Your Love)
8. Tensnake - Coma Cat
9. Holy Ghost! vs Black Van - Holy Mashopolis
10. Bottin & Rodion - Galli (Give It Up)
11. Polargeist - Home From The Can (Tensnake Remix)
12. The Lowbrows - Dream In The Desert (Flight Facilities Red Tailed Hawk Remix)
13. Ali Love - Diminishing Returns
14. Arto Mwambé - Noh Ngamebo
15. Zero 7 - Everything Up (Mock & Toof Remix)
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
A-trak dropped this track a couple of weeks ago at the WMC in Miami. Everyone has been going crazy over it since, watching the youtube videos over and over, deciphering the sample and analysing the production. It’s pretty amusing just to sit back and watch the hype. These boys know what they’re doing.
Anyway, it was only so long before someone was gonna make a bootleg and get it out there. This cat, O-God, has done exactly that. Taking the original Boney M sample, snippets from when A-Trak dropped it live and a bit of work in Ableton with a few kicks and hey presto you got some Duck Sauce. Can’t wait for the real thing but in the mean time this will more than suffice.
Barbara Streisand (O-God Bootleg) - Duck Sauce
Monday, April 19, 2010
Telonius is from one half of Munk, Gomma record label and in his own regard a very talented solo artist. The collection of artists signed to his amazing German label include WhoMadeWho (Denmark) , Munk (Germany), Telonius (Germany),HEADMAN (Berlin), Moullinex (Portugal), Phenomal Handclap Band (USA), DISKOKAINE (Vienna), The KDMS (London)along with others. He has a bunch of monthly mixes available that are well worth a look at. Today however I have a pretty damn special mix. It's his recent Winter Wipeout Mix which blew me away. It invloves 20 odd tracks over an hour which sounds more like 10 tracks that you don't want to end.
The mix starts of with a baleric/cosmic disco vibe and suddenly turns deep and dark and then gets housey to finish of with some classics which are mainly tribally influenced. I think the mixing is imaculate, you don't know when songs are starting or stopping, more just a progression of genres. Download this and see if you're not nodding.
Telonius - Winter Wipeout Mix
1. The Swiss - Manthem (Tensnake Remix)
2. Headman – Private Show (Telonius Remix)
3. Golden Bug – Flamingo (Pete Herbert Remix)
4. Cecile + Venice – Rimmel
5. Lorenz Rhode – Like a Player
6. Telonius – Disco Tec (Moullinex Remix)
7. Mustang – Try to Dance
8. The C 90´s –10:01 (Villa Remix)
9. Zoo Brasil – Fancy
10. Hot Chip – One Life Stand (Carl Craig Remix)
11. Lele – Disco Monster (Mercury Remix)
12. The Phenomenal Hand Clap Band – Baby (Daniel Haaksmann Remix)
13. Bottin – Disco for the Devil (Telonius Remix)
14. Dennis Ferrer – Heyhey
15. Lutzenkirchen – Till I Come to Your Rescue (Psycho Dub Mix)
16. Telonius – Hit Me (Ian Pooley Remix)
17. Gloria Estefan – Turn That Beat Around (Def Conga Mix)
18. Night Communication – Let's Face the Music
19. The Bucketheads – The Bomb (Kenny Dope mix)
20. The KDMs – Never Stop Believing (Nicky Siano Remix)
21. Susu Bobien - You Don´t Know (Muthafunkaz Tribute Mix - Telonius Re-edit
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
This guy has been pumping out some big remixes. I heard a Dj set recording featuring Chuckie opening with Swick- Grow Up (Cassian Remix)at the WMC this year. And his latest Flight Facilities remix of Crave You is definatiely reaching its target audiences and beyond.
Also the Cassian remix of Cassette Kids is getting some love on BBC radio 1 in the UK via the duo Jaymo and Andy George.
Here is a sample for you to enjoy:
Cassette Kids-Spin(Cassian Remix)320.mp3
Cassette Kids-Spin(Cassian Remix Dub)320.mp3
Also keep an eye out for the Telonius - Hit Me EP which features another Cassian remix.
Cassian is definately someone to watch in 2010.
Monday, April 5, 2010
Pete Tongs essential selection is one of the freshest sources of hearing up and coming tracks. Being the first show after the WMC, Pete really has got some gems in here. And one of the biggest household names of this years conference, is here for your enjoyment.
Stayingsick fully backs this essential new tune, Nalin & Kane – Beachball (Joris Voorn Remix) is back in circulation with the latest remix by Joris Voorn. Its a little bit too new if you know what I mean.... Anyway if you do not have the download capacity just go too http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00rp56z#segments
Pendulum – Watercolour (Deadmau5 Mix) [Warners]
Afrojack – Bangduck [Wall Recordings]
Estelle – Freak (Riva Starr Remix) [Atlantic]
Alex Gaudino – I’m In Love [Ministry]
Grum & Fred Falke – You Stopped Loving me [Heartbeats]
Moby – Wait For Me (Laidback Luke Remix) [Little Idiot]
LCD Soundsystem – Drunk Girls [Parlophone]
STEVE ANGELLO ON THE PHONE
Steve Angello & AN21 – Swing & Swoosh [Size]
Sidney Sampson – Fill You Up (Instrumental) [CR2]
Rachel – Kink [Ovum]
ESSENTIAL NEW TUNE
Nalin & Kane – Beachball (Joris Voorn Remix) [Ministry]
24 HOUR PARTY PEOPLE – PAUL WOOLFORD
Paul Woolford – End Game [Renaissance]
Nightcrawlers – A Love Feeling [White]
Pirupa ft Baz – Clarity Of Love [White]
Marco Effe – Malaysia (Romano Alfieri Remix) [Break New Soil]
Eddie Thorneick – Telephone (Tong Gaga Re-Edit) [White]
Chris Lake & Nilski – Minimal Life [Rising]
Dennis Ferrer – Hey Hey (Riva Starr Remix) [Defected].mp3
15 MINUTES OF FAME – KURD MAVERICK
Kurd Maverick – Shine A Light [Otune Records]
Coldplay – Life In Technicolour (Kurd Maverick Remix) [White]
Cuca From Brazil – Happy Face [Proud Sound]
The Chemical Brothers – Escape Velocity [EMI]
The Juan MacLean – Feels So Good [!K7]
Erol Alkan & Boys Noize – Avalanche [Phantasy]
Saints & Sinners – Pushing Too Hard (Nic Fanciulli Remix) [Bedrock]
Christian Smith – Beluga [Tronic]
Reboot – Hermano [Cadenza]
Kaiserdisco – Aguja [My Best Friend]
Gary Beck – Elisse [White]
ONE MORE TUNE
James Talk & Ridney – Forever [Defected]
Pete Tong Essential Selection 2010 04 02
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Everyone knows Ducksauce s first big tune, aNyway. Just a simple cover taken and transformed into a modern day dance track. At the WMC most artists are trying to play the freshest stuff, and A trak did just that. Here is a snippet of whats being called Ducksauce s new one, Barbra Streissand. However I cannot confirm. See what you think, its definitely their sound.
Monday, March 29, 2010
Sunday, March 28, 2010
With the world conference in the title, there is a serious side to the WMC. Along with all the workshops and conferences. An awards night is held. I have just selected a few of the Awards that I thought were deserved or very off the radar.
Best Underground Dance Track
Hey Hey - Dennis Ferrer - Objektivity Winner
I Like That - Richard Vission & Static Revenger feat. Luciana - Solmatic Records
In for the Kill - La Roux - Cherrytree/Interscope/Polydor
La Mezcla - Michel Cleis feat. Toto La Momposina - Strictly Rhythm
Whateva - Ralph Falcon - Nervous Records
Ninety - Sander van Doorn - Doorn Records
Best House/Garage Track
Leave The World Behind - Axwell, Angello, Ingrosso, Laidback Luke feat. Deborah Cox - Ultra Records/Axtone Winner
Back To You - Oscar G feat. Tamara Wallace - Nervous Records
Hey Hey - Dennis Ferrer - Objektivity
If You Knew - Chris Lake feat. Nastala - Nervous Records
La Mezcla - Michel Cleis feat. Toto La Momposina - Strictly Rhythm
When Love Takes Over - David Guetta feat. Kelly Rowland - Astralwerks/Caroline
Best Global DJ
Armin van Buuren Winner
Above & Beyond
Paul van Dyk
Best Studio Software
Apple - Logic Pro 9 Winner
Ableton - Live 8
Propellerhead - Reason 4
Steinberg - Cubase Studio 5
Best New Product of the Year
Pioneer - CDJ-2000 Winner
Akai - APC 40
Native Instruments - Maschine
Apple - iPhone 3G S
Best Club Sound System Design
Ministry of Sound, London - Martin Audio Winner
Beta, Denver - Funktion-One
Cielo, New York - Funktion-One
Pacha, New York - Infinite Audio
Space Ibiza - Blue Box-Ibiza
Zouk, Singapore - Gary Stewart Audio
Currently some of the biggest names are playing 24/7 over in Miami. I only found this link Yesterday but when I logged on, Fedde Le Grand was mid way through his set. Even if you cannot be there, you can still watch it Live...
Also here is another cool website, watch your favourite Djs play,
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
He is a Bremen based DJ and is about to release his third mix compilation. Known as the Huntemann PLAY! series the first two were big and the compilations really reflect what he is playing currently.
Due out in May, entitled PLAY! 03 Live at Cielo, New York. This mix shows the inside of minimal techno today, and will also feature a previously unreleased track by Huntemann–"NYC (Keep on Playin')"–and a new collaborative effort with Dubfire, entitled "Fuego".
View the tracklist and see for yourself, if you get the chance to see him next week then you will already have a little preview into the mix. Will post some of the tracks later this week.
01. Extrawelt - Confuzzled
02. Martin Landsky - 2000 Miles
03. Josh Wink - Airplane Electronique (Matthias Tanzmann Remix)
04. Axel Bartsch feat. Jake The Rapper - Blam & Flow (Thomas Schumacher Remix)
05. The Glitz - Sunstep
06. Dimitri Andreas - Snickerz
07. Oliver Huntemann - NYC (Keep on Playin’)
08. Mutant Clan - We Are
09. Maetrik - Relax
10. Rodriguez Jr - Chicky Chicky
11. Sycophant Slags - Keep Off (Wighnomy Brother’s Detroittobrieflyshort-ulle Remix)
12. Oliver Huntemann & Dubfire - Fuego
13. Mike Mind - Resonate (Hobo Remix) (part 1)
01. Mike Mind - Resonate (Hobo Remix) (part 2)
02. ADJD - Galactic Suite Part 1
03. Roberto Bosco - Space Drone
04. Pascal Mollin - The Elephant (Pan-Pot Remix)
05. Andreas Henneberg - Aquaree
06. Abe Duque feat. Virginia - Following My Heart (Oliver Huntemann Remix)
07. Octave - MA (Hatzler Remix)
08. Shlomi Aber - Create Balance
09. Pattrix - A Beautiful Woman
10. André Winter - Magma
11. Cari Lekebusch - Blood Lines
12. Clement Meyer - A Bucket of Blood
Sunday, March 7, 2010
I know you looked at the title and thought there would be a download link..... unfortunately no. It premiered on Pete Tongs Show however a few cats have it now including John Digweed who dropped it at Future Music. For everyone watching this video, at 2.47min when that typical Prydz kick and snare comes in, yeah you hear that! Well imagine that on a festival system. That was one of biggest songs of the day.
Monday, March 1, 2010
This week's Mix Monday is particularly special. Most weeks we have mixes from either the biggest DJ's around the world or local talent that we like/support. The majority of these mixes are a series of tracks slapped together often in a simple manner to showcase current tracks that that particular DJ likes. The mixing styles in these vary but are most of the time quite simply one track into another. This is something different.
I stumbled across this mix a couple of weeks back by a British group called The Diogenes Club. Unfamiliar with the act I downloaded the mix purely because the tracklist intrigued me. Upon listening to the mix I was quickly impressed and then blown away the more I listened. There's 47 tracks in an hour which sounds like one of those circa '05 mega/mash mixes. This is far from that. Through a combination of extremely clever track selection, looping, sampling and planned mixing this mix leaves you with something lasting. The transitions are so smooth with the majority of the time it near impossible to tell when one track starts and the the other stops. At many times there will be 2, 3 or even 4 tracks sitting ontop of one another seemlessly. Download this smooth disco synth journey and see if you're not wet.
The Diogenes Club - Various Artists Mixtape
Track Listing :
1. Black Kids - I’m Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance with You (Twelves Remix) - Almost Gold
2. Van She - So High - Modular
3. the Diogenes Club - Tete - Urban Torque
4. Tesla Boy - Fire - Mullet Records
5. Lindstrom & Christabelle - Baby Don’t Stop - Smalltown Supersound
6. Pnau - Baby (Breakbot Remix) - Etcetc
7. Stardust - Music Sounds Better with You - Roule
8. BB & Q Band - Dreamer - Cooltempo
9. Dusty Kid - Nemur - Boxer Recordings
10. the Diogenes Club - Tie Ourselves Around - Urban Torque
11. Scope - Audio Tonic - Urban Torque
12. Midfield General - Disco Sirens - Skint Records
13. Yuksek - I Like To Play - Fiction Records
14. Barbara Mason - Another Man - Metronome
15. Tom Tom Club - Wordy Rappinghood - Island Records
16. the Diogenes Club - Early May - Urban Torque
17. Booka Shade - Sweet Lies - Get Physical
18. the Diogenes Club - Come Back to Us - Urban Torque
19. Junior Boys - Hazel - Domino
20. Friendly Fires - Paris (Aeroplane remix) - XL
21. Mario Bastinov - Caribbean Girl - (TDC Part 1) - Unknown
22. X-District - Color Correction - Playhouse
23. Zoot Woman - Automatic - Wall Of Sound
24. Zapp n Roger - So Ruff So Tuff - Lastrada Entertainment Co.
25. Lindstrom - The Magnificent - Smalltown Supersound
26. the Diogenes Club - Do You Know How To Feel It? – Urban Torque
27. Telefon Tel Aviv - My Week Beats Your Year - Hefty Records
28. Anoraak - Nightdrive With You - Endless Summer Recordings
29. Casio Social Club & XS Night - More Love - Mullet Records
30. Zoot Woman - Nobody Knows (Part 2) - Wall Of Sound
31. Sharon Brown - I Specialize In Love - Profile Records
32. Michael Mcdonald & James Ingram - Yah Mo Be There - Qwest Records
33. Lovebirds - Tuesday - Teardrop
34. BB & Q Band - Genie - ZYK
35. Midnight Star - Midas Touch - Solar
36. Eat More Cake - Red Sky - Urban Torque
37. Latryx - Lady Don’t Tek No - Solesides
38. Kool And The Gang - Fresh - Best Records
39. Aretha Franklin - Jump To It - Arista
40. Long Distance Analogue - Plecked Medium - Mullet
41. Toto - Africa - Columbia
42. Tom Browne - Brighter Tomorrow - Arista
43. Five Star - System Addict - RCA
44. Empire Of The Sun - Standing On The Shore - EMI
45. the Diogenes Club - Untitled - CDR
46. Art Of Noise - Moments In Love - ZTT
47. Radiohead - Talk Show Host - Parlophone
48. Mario Bastinov (TDC Part 2) - Caribbean Girl – Phonica
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
The Mason Duo are repsonsible for the Animal language releases, these releases are a twist on all modern genres that aims to put the fun back into dance music. The Mason sound follows medolic methods that inspire the thinking man on the dancefloor. The label is heading in the right direction with support from Dj Hell, Mylo and Carl Cox.
Syncrom; is an Italo influenced tune. The tune features an 80’s style riff of epic proportions, bonded together with a slick groove that Moroder would’ve been proud of. Initial reactions from Mason’s own DJ sets is that Syncrom is completely laying waste to dance floors everywhere from Belgium to Brazil.
The double A side is another un-predictable left turn for Animal Language. A tribute to our black and white mammalian friends, ‘The Badger’, is about as funky as it is possible to make a record. A massively infectious slap-bass line is aggressively cut up and welded onto a jacking beat complete with old school vocal snippets and stabs. ‘The Badger’ is all funk, energy
Mylo: ha! loving Syncrom - 2010 is gonna be all about over the top karate kid music.
Alex Metric: love them both but badger is blowing my tiny mind. will play on the next radio 1 show for sure and smash it to hell and back in gigs. wicked!
Fake Blood: I'm off to jump into a computer controlled car / plane/helicopter / change into an animal!
Brodinski: Amazing man thanks a lot! ! Love dat!
Nick Warren: Syncrom is like Knightrider coming over the hill!
Sharam Jey: Always support your stuff, good tune with some nice disco sample falavour
Olav Basoski: DISCO DISCO GOOD GOOD, wow, this shit is FAT!
Larry Tee : Always loved Mason and Badger is Killing! Amazing man thanks a lot! ! Love dat!
Monday, February 22, 2010
Over the weekend Jack Beats, the DJ duo that has recently exploded, were given the task of mixing the legendary BBC Radio 'Essential Mix'. I was actually a little surprised that they were granted this privilege. Not that the boys don't have the talent or depth, simply because a year ago few people even knew the name Jack Beats. I was lucky enough to catch these guys on NYD this year at Sydney's Field Day. I was already quite familiar and fond of their work and very keen to see what they'd play. They certainly didn't disappoint playing a nice hard set. They were on a smaller stage behind the main stage but the Sydney crowd is obviously onto it cos a shit load of people turned out for the dusk set and the Jack Beats had a rave going on.
With a solid string of remixes and originals under their belt the boys are quickly becoming/have become a household name in the dance world. Their sound is a mixture of dubstep, electro, fidget. People often talk about their 'wobbly bass lines'. I was impressed with this mix for their track selection which is fresh and varied giving you a good idea of what they like and make. Personally I think they killed it. What do you reckon?
Jack Beats Essential Mix 20/02/2010
1. Dead Can Dance – Dawn Of The Iconclast (Jack Beats Intro Edit)
2. Passion Pit – Little Secrets (Jack Beats Remix)
3. Lee Mortimer & Laidback Luke – Blau! (LA Riots Remix)
4. Jack Beats – Labyrinth
5. Pase Rock – Nights (Nadastrom Remix)
6. L-Vis 1990 – United Groove (MJ Cole Remix)
7. D1 – Pitcher (128 Mix)
8. Kissy Sell Out – This Kiss (Jack Beats Remix)
9. Black Box – Ride On Time (Zombie Disco Squad Remix – Jack Beats Edit)
10. Sound of Stereo – Button (Beataucue Remix)
11. Does It Offend You, Yeah? – Epic Last Song (Jack Beats Remix)
12. Foamo – Jookie
13. Tiga – What You Need (A-Trak Remix)
14. Zombie Nation – Seas of Grease (Harvard Bass Remix)
15. Diplo & Blaqstarr – Get Off (Jack Beats Remix)
16. Noob & Brodinski – Peanuts Club (BeatauCue Remix)
17. M.A.N.D.Y & Booka Shade – Donut (Boy 8-Bit Remix)
18. Mvsvem – French Jeans (Style Of Eye Remix)
19. Boys Noize & Erol Alkan – Waves (Chilli Gonzales remix)
20. The Black Ghosts – I Want Nothin’ (Jack Beats Remix Accapella)
21. Felix Da Housecat – Kickdrum
22. SonicC – Unicorns On Acid
23. La Roux – I’m Not Your Toy (Jack Beats Remix)
24. Jack Beats & MC Dynamite – What (Boy 8-Bit Remix)
25. Bag Raiders – Shooting Stars (Siriusmo Remix)
26. Claude VonStroke – Vocal Chords
27. Popof – Serenity w/ Fingers Inc – My House Acapella (Jack Had a Groove)
28. Breakage – Justified ft. Erin
29. 16-Bit – Jump
30. Joker – Tron
31. Calvin Harris – You Used To Hold Me (Nero Remix)
32. Subscape – Hardcore Members
33. Doctor P – Sweet Shop
34. Benga – Little Bits
35. Donaeo – Riot Music (Skreamix)
36. Jack Beats – U.F.O (K-Hole Bass Riddim)
37. Lady Sovereign – Got You Dancing (Jack Beats Remix)
38. Unknown Artist – BG (Crookers DJ Tool Mix)
39. Florence + The Machine – Drumming Song (Jack Beats Remix)
40. AC Slater – Jack Got Jacked (Jack Beats Remix)
41. DJ Zinc – Gimme A Camera ft. Angela Hunter
42. Hockey – Song Away (Jack Beats ‘Anger Management’ Unreleased Dub)
43. DJ Zinc – Super Sharp Shooter (Jack Beats Remix)
44. The Count & Sinden – Panther
45. TC – Deep (Jack Beats ‘2008 Unreleased’ Remix)
46. L-Vis 1990 – The Bird
47. Project Bassline – Drop The Pressure (Jack Beats Remix)
48. Diplo & Laidback Luke vs. Proxy – Hey vs. Raven (Will Bailey Bootleg)
49. Faithless – Never Going Home (Herve Remix)
50. Fake Blood – Mars (Jack Beats Remix)
51. Jack Beats – Get Down VIP
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Thought you should be informed on what to look out for over the next month or 2.....
Tiga - What you need Remixes - March - 1st
High Power Boys - Highway - February - 22th
Duke Dumont - Fabriclive 52
The Proxy - March
6. Indian Film
9. Quad Damage
10. The Status PT 1
11. Who Are You
12. Think First
Crookers - Tons of Friends - March - 8th
Kavinsky - Nightcall - March - 22th