Monday, August 24, 2009

Mix Monday 24



This week we have something special. You see, Boy 8-Bit is a bit of a fav here at Staying Sick. Having featured in a Mix Monday before this guy can most certainly put a mix together. After listening to this mixtape quite a few times what's impacting is how it still remains so fresh. The extremely clever, non-commercial and broad selection of tracks leaves you with something lasting. The mix is simple but not boring and shows that sometimes less is more. I'll stop raving just download it and see what I mean.

Here's what the man had to say bout it:
"This mix is different from my other mixtapes in the past. I’ve been doing a lot of touring this summer, and I have pool of records I really enjoyed playing. I wanted to put down a mix that reflected this. Basically I picked some tunes out of this pool and decided to make a no frills mix with them. Not as complex as my other mixes, but probably a more truthful reflection of what I play when I DJ out."

Dummy Mixtape - Boy 8-Bit

Tracklist

01. Boy 8-Bit - The Suspense Is Killing Me (Phillipe De Boyar Remix)
02. Jack Beats - What (Boy 8-Bit Remix)
03. Midfield General - Disco Sirens (Boy 8-Bit Remix)
04. Riton & Primary 1 - Who’s there
05. Tiga - What you need (Zombie Nation Extended Mix)
06. Tiga - What you need (Zombie Nation Remix)
07. Paul Woolford - Prune Juice
08. Sebastian Leger - Seaweed
09. Fake Blood - Mars (Style of Eye Remix)
10. Datensi - Doris and Levon (Colbeat remix)
11. Stephan Bodzin - Valentine
12. Serge Santiago - Atto D Amore (Dub Mix)
13. Boy 8-Bit - Baltic Pine
14. Oliver Huntemann - 37 Degrees
15. Boy 8-Bit - Chapel of Ghouls

Bonus:
This is a tune. Everything Boy 8-Bit seems to produce is different from the last. This uses a vocal which is somewhat uncharacteristic however the strong female vocal from Florence & The Machine is used to create an interesting and powerful 6 and half minute piece of music. (You know those chicks who say 'play something we can sing along to' - play this!)

Drumming Song (Boy 8-Bit Remix) - Florence & The Machine

4 comments:

marr said...

great find dude! This is a really good mixtape. guess who is coming to calgary canada....the one and only LAIDBACK LUKE, MSTRKRFT, Chris Lake, Deadmau5, Armin Van Burren, Tiesto, and Wolfgang Gartner. GOt tickets to them all. So pumped!

How are things over in Aus!?!?!

Spider Pancakes said...

hello toby, who's the hottie?

Dogrash said...

Wolfgang Gartner-Firepower.

Jordan u better actually rock up this time!

Oz is good, we will be seeing the like of Axwell, Fedde le grand, crookers, zombie nation, atrak, erol alkan, just to mention a few. No LBL but you were here when we saw him.

marr said...

Firepower is a sick song man! One of my favourites so far this year!

That sounds like a good line-up that you got going. I am trying so hard to get back to Aus but I am not sure about all the visa bullshit I need. Are you on facebook? If so you should add me so I can keep up with you that way. type in jmarr19@hotmail.com and thats me!

So I have looked at some decks and what I want to start up with. What do you think of this:

http://qualityelectronics.net/cdmp3packages.html

either package #1 or #2, I want something decent but not to pricy to start!